Data Protection Without Business Prevention.
We'll find you the right balance.
This policy describes in plain English exactly what data we collect from you when you visit our website, how we process it and how you can get in touch with us with any questions. This policy is effective from September 2018. By using or registering with this website you consent to this policy.
Principles of our policy
- Private: We will never sell, rent or trade information about you to other companies.
- Secure: In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us to prevent unauthorised access.
- Necessary: We won’t collect information unless it is used to deliver a better service or to give you useful, relevant information.
Data We Collect From You
We receive information about you in two ways:
- Directly from you– This is usually your contact details you provide via a form (e.g. to request further information or download a resource).
- Automatically from the cognitionsecure.com website: This includes your IP address and browsing behaviour. Understanding the way you interact with our site enables us to improve our service to you.
Securely Using Your Data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may legitimately interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You can choose to opt-out of contact at any time.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Occasionally we may incorporate cookie-generated data together with other data we hold to communicate with you in the most appropriate way. We may also compile and provide aggregate statistics about our site users, information requests, traffic patterns and any other related site information but will never identify you as an individual.
Data is processed within the Cognition hosting platform and stored in the EU and USA.
Information about you will be kept secure and it will not be supplied to anyone else, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Cognition do not sell, rent or trade any personal information supplied by you to any third party.
This website is owned and operated by Cognition Secure Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 09139707. Cognition is a registered Data Controller with the UK ICO, number ZA282886.
Our registered office is:
Sugnall Business Centre, Sugnall, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST21 6NF, United Kingdom
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by email to [email protected] or by telephone on +44 161 2 980 980.
Your Data Protection Rights
Please contact our Director (Carl Gottlieb) any time to:
- Request access to information that Cognition has about you
- Correct any information that Cognition has about you
- Delete information that Cognition has about you
- Ask any questions about Cognition’s collection, storage and processing of your data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your Supervisory Authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the ICO, https://ico.org.uk.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the United Kingdom’s Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), Data Protection Act 2018 and Information Commissioner’s Office guidance, this website follows the “Affirmative Consent” basis for processing cookies. The first time you visit this website you will be informed of the cookies we use and that you can choose to enable optional cookies and trackers. Some cookies and trackers are essential to the operation of the service and cannot be disabled using the cookie consent tool/banner. If you wish to disable these you may do so via your browser settings.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- Understand browsing habits on our website
- Understand the number of visitors to our website and the pages visited
- Remember you when you return to our website so we can provide you with a more personalised experience.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire.
Cookies We Use
__cfduid - A cookie set by our Content Delivery Network Provider CloudFlare to protect the website.
CookieControl - This cookie controls what cookies and trackers are permitted or blocked on this website.